Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Taiwan University
503-7 Engineering Building
Design, modeling and fabrication of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) with applications in biomedical engineering and radio frequency and optical communications. Micromechanics and dynamics related to MEMS. Nanomanufacturing, biosensors and nanoactuators. Theoretical and experimental solid mechanics.
Dr. Po-Jen Shih
Ph.D., Structure engineering, Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, June 2004
M. S., Structure engineering, Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, June 1998
B. S., Civil Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, 1996
1. Theatrical wave propagation in elasticity or poroelasticity and its application to photonic and phononic crystals
2. Micro structure dynamic analysis related to MEMs and NEMs fabrications
3. Theory and application of sonoluminescence on a micro-chip
Publications Peer reviewed papers-
1. C.-S. Yeh, T.-J Teng, and P.-J.Shih, 2004, “On formulation of a transition matrix for poroelastic medium and application to analysis of scattering problem," Journal of Acoustic Society of America, Vol. 116(2), pp. 655-676. (SCI, EI).
2. P.-J. Shih, W.-P. Shih, T.-H. Lin, C.-T. Liu, S.-H. Jen, X.-Y. Wang, and H.-P. Huang, 2006, “Dynamic performance of micro coordinate measurement probe," IEEE Review of Advancements in Micro and Nano Technologies, accepted. (SCI).
3. Y.-C. Tsai, P.-J. Shih, T.-H. Lin, and W.-P. Shih, 2006, “Self-cleaning effects of biomimetic dry adhesives," IEEE Review of Advancements in Micro and Nano Technologies, accepted. (SCI).
1. C.-S. Yeh, T.-J. Teng, W.-I. Liao, and , “Dynamic Stress Concentration of a Spherical Cavity Buried in an Elastic Half-Space Subjected to a Standing Goodier-Bishop Stress Wave,” 2002 ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, Vancouver, August 4-8, 2002.
2. C.-S. Yeh, T.-J. Teng, and , “Fourier spectrum representation of vector multipole field and its application in wave scattering in elastic half-space," XXI ICTAM, Warsaw, Poland, August 2004.
3. Y.-C. Tsai, W.-P. Shih, Y.-M. Wang, L.-S. Huang, P.-J. Shih, “E-beam photoresist and carbon nanotubes as biomimetic dry adhesives," IEEE MEMS 2006, Istanbul, Turkey, Jan. 22-26, 2006.
4. P.-J. Shih, W.-P. Shih, T.-H. Lin, C.-T. Liu, S.-H. Jen, X.-Y. Wang, and H.-P. Huang, “Dynamic performance of micro coordinate measurement probe,” IEEE NEMS 2006, Zhuhai, China, Jan. 18-21, 2006.
5. Y.-C. Tsai, P.-J. Shih, T.-H. Lin, and W.-P. Shih, “Self-cleaning effects of biomimetic dry adhesives,” IEEE NEMS 2006, Zhuhai, China, Jan. 18-21, 2006.
6. C. -S Yeh, P.-J. Shih, T.-J. Teng, W.-S. Shyu, “Application of Fourier Spectrum Representation to Analysis of Wave Scattering in Poroelastic Half-space,” International Symposium on Mechanical Waves in Solids (ISOMWS06), Hangzhou, China, May 15-18,2006. (invitation)